Track walk at Charlotte Motor Speedway Coca-Cola 600

Track walk at Charlotte Motor Speedway Coca-Cola 600
Track walk at Charlotte Motor Speedway Coca-Cola 600

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Paintball with Kyle Busch and friends at Charlotte Motor Speedway Part 1!


        I don't know how I did it, but I won.  On Monday of this week I saw a post on twitter from the Charlotte Motor Speedway (@CLTMotorSpdwy) mentioning a contest that said something like:
"RT to win a round of paintball with Kyle Busch!" Well, if you've read any of my other posts you'll know that I'm more of a Tony Stewart guy (but am no Kyle Busch hater), but you'll also know that my sons are huge M&M/Kyle Busch fans. So I hit the RT button on my phone and started to go about my day. It wasn't much over an hour when I received a direct message saying that I'd won. My first reaction was, "What? I don't ever win this sort of stuff!" My second reaction was, "My sons are going to be pumped!" and so they were.
Jeff Gluck and I!


Thank goodness I work at a school that allowed my sons and I just to take off for a special day like this.  We headed over to have lunch at the speedway's media center about 11:30, and after we picked out our turkey sandwiches and amazing BBQ Chicken grilled cheeses, I noticed that we were surrounded by many of Nascar's media team. I have been following many of them on twitter for years and it was great to shake their hands. One of my favorites, USA Today's Jeff Gluck, was present, and it was an honor for me to introduce myself. If you don't follow him yet on twitter, you are missing out! (@Jeff_Gluck)

After lunch, we moved into one of the press auditoriums, and we sat in the back with all of the cameras.
Our next surprise was that not only was Kyle Busch on hand, but so was Hall of Fame inductee Dale Jarrett. After the press conference, the press surrounded Kyle and we headed over to meet Dale. I already knew this man was not only a great driver, but had heard that he was a class act, and his welcoming spirit proved that fact. What a great guy!

Then, after this, we headed out into the infield for a little paintball! (next blog here)





No comments:

Post a Comment